Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Morning Snapshots

Just a short post on this quiet Sunday morning.  I finished my block a month quilt piece last night.  It has to be turned in while I am away on my trip, so I have to bring it to my mom to turn in for me.  I'll still have to pay because I'm not there myself, but I'm perfectly okay with that.  It's only $5 after all.

I like the way the fabrics came together after I had assembled it.  When I saw the pieces, I was not too keen on the fabrics I had chosen.  Now, I'm quite happy with it and I can't wait for the next block!  I think I will make two again so that I'm working on two quilts at once for the price of one!  Who knows, maybe I'll even do a third with the pretty pretty fabric I pick up in the states!!!!!!







I don't feel that my corners are as nice on this one than my test block, but maybe I'm just being picky.  I'm just happy I did something with triangles and survived!

As promised, I have a picture of my Eye of Partridge shawl.  It's more like a tiny scarf as you can see in the picture.  For some reason, the edge ruffled when I did my cast off and I'm not sure why.  I think it looks neat though and I'm happy I finally finished it.






That's all for this Sunday.  I'm headed to my parent's place tonight with Big D for Thanksgiving dinner.  It should be a tasty good time!  Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment