Friday, October 5, 2012

Fun with Pinterest

I've been doing a whole bunch of pinning on Pinterest as of late.  I decided it was time to try a few of the ideas on there.  The first adventure was attempting to make skinny jeans from regular wide leg or boot cut pants. (I recently bought my first pair of skinny jeans and have gotten over the fear of thunder thighs when I wear them.  Now all I want is skinny jeans!!)

I found a tutorial on this blog about a lady that thrifts and DIY's almost all her clothes.  The jeans I bought were black so I thought I would take a chance and try to make a blue pair.  I have 2-3 pairs of wide leg blue jeans.  Unfortunately I don't have a before picture, but I'm quite pleased with the after.  I had one of my co workers take the picture of my finished results.  One leg does seem to be a little tighter than the other, but I'm pleased with the overall result of my first Pinterest clothing DIY.



I love my iPhone and I love listening to music on it.  It's so convenient and just plain awesome.  The one thing I hate is searching through my purse for my headphones and spending most of my bus ride trying to untangle those things.  They must have a mind of their own because no matter how I put them into my purse or pocket, they always come out looking like this.



Thankfully, I ran across this nifty little pin that claims to stop the tangle and makes your headphones unique and customized.  No more fighting with Big D over whose headphones are whose!  I did a portion of mine so far.  I'm not sure how I'm going to get around the volume button or the little clippy thingie, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. 



I also FINALLY finished my Eye of Partridge shawl, or as Big D knows it, the truck repair shawl.  I started it over 3 years ago when he bought his truck.  It was used and had a blown transmission but the price was more than right.  Every time we would go to his Uncle's place to work on the truck, I would bring this knitting project along with me to keep myself occupied.  The truck was repaired but the shawl was not done.  It went missing a few times in my bins of crafts, and the pattern took a vacation as well, but I finally finished it.  The funny thing is, Big D sold the truck about a month ago!  I'll upload a picture of it later.

For now, I'll get back to work watching the snow whiz by the window.  Yes, you read correctly, it is snowing here.  It's not staying, thank goodness, but it's making things cold, wet and slushy.  None of which I like in early October.  On the other hand, it is the perfect crafting weather!!





No comments:

Post a Comment