Friday, January 20, 2012

Home at Last UPDATE

As you can see, my blog received a bit of a make over.  I was tinkering with my website, getting it ready to launch with sales of my patterns and projects and I decided the blog just wasn't quite right in orange.

Some good progress was made tonight on the "Home at Last" quilt.  It seems that it will be much smaller than I originally anticipated.  I'm going to have to add a border to it.  With this quilt top nearing its end, I started thinking about a way to finish it on limited funds.  I have a small amount left of my gift certificate from Christmas, but not nearly enough to get the quilt done.  I rummaged through a few of my sewing bags and my closet and came up with extra batting I saved from my brother's quilt, and two curtains from the old apartment which were no longer needed.  It just so happened that they are a nice chocolate brown and barely used as I bought them only a month before moving.  Fabric is fabric curtains or not, and it should be perfect to finish off this quilt.  I only have one row left!! I'm so excited!




2 comments:

  1. Hello there

    I found your blog via Quilting Bloggers. Welcome! I notice that you comment that your blog has had a make-over. Just want to say that I find the dark red background very difficult on my eyes. Hope you don't mind this comment, as I am only making it to be helpful.
    Jenny from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny,

      Thanks for checking out my blog. I don't mind the comment at all, suggestions are always welcome. My Mom said the same thing as well so i will be updating things for sure. I hope you will continue to follow my blog! Thanks for stopping by!

      Sarah

      Delete