Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Harry Potter Quilt

Welcome everyone to 2012!  I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate!) and a wonderful new year!

I have been working very hard on the Gryffindor quilt and Nessie has begun her work on the Slytherin quilt.  They are shaping up to be pretty darn epic and I can't wait to see more of it come together!


Cutting out the pieces using my new quilting supplies!


All cut out and ready to go!



Plaid pieces sewn together.  I folded them to get an idea of what they will look like!


Here we have Nessie cutting out her pieces.


Strips cut down into their smaller pieces for assembly!

I haven't done anything on the Gryffindor quilt since aside from starting to pin together all the tiny strips for sewing.  I went to Fabricland on the weekend and bought some more material with my gift cards.  A quilting magazine that I picked up during hunting had the cutest lap quilt called "Home at Last" featuring applique houses and hearts.  It showed it in rather modern colours, but I've always been a sucker for quilted items taking a log cabin feel to them.  I managed to clean out the Christmas clearance section for some great finds! 


Here is what I have cut out and laid out to make sure everything works.  It was VERY easy to cut out and was done in one evening.  It is machine applique with a zigzag stitch.  I've attempted one by hand so far as I don't have a zigzag capable machine.


A nice close up of some of the blocks.  This will be so nice when it's done!

Have a wonderful week everyone!  I look forward to sharing more quilting progress with you this week.  I have a hot quilting date with Nessie this week so hopefully we will have more to show you on the house quilt extravaganza!


No comments:

Post a Comment