Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sew begins the insanity!

I have two steps left on my final Christmas sewing project.  With the end in sight for my quilting projects it was time to splurge and spend my Fabricland gift certificate.  Ok, the real reason is they had an AMAZING sale on. Buy one meter of quilting cotton get TWO FREE!  That's right folks, three meters for the price of one.  If I had a credit card with no limit I would have bought the store.  (Actually, maybe it would just be easier to move in there).  I picked up the fabric I would need to make the Gryffindor lap quilt as I managed to figure out the yardage for those four easier than the giant house quilt.  I have two friends already willing to help me with testing the pattern and my measurements.  I just need one more person to help me test run Hufflepuff.  Here is what I found.


I'm very happy with the colour and the slight pattern on the material.  I think it will be a little more interesting than just plain material.  I hope it turns out well.  I can't wait to see what my friends pick out for material.  I told them as long as they stick to the appropriate colours for their house, I wasn't concerned about the pattern on the material.  Both are fairly new to sewing and/or quilting.  If they can figure out what put together for the pattern, then it should be simple for everyone.  Here's hoping there isn't too much tweaking involved.

EDIT: Thanks to my cousin for the suggestion of changing the title!

No comments:

Post a Comment