Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas Everyone!

It's the post you've all been waiting for!  I finally gave away my last hand made Christmas gift and the recipient loved it!!


Here's my brother with his Christmas gift...a Batman quilt made in the Turning Twenty pattern.  This is the original of the pattern not one of the variations.  I would definitely attempt this pattern again as it was very easy!


Here's a close up of the quilt.  It's folded in half.  I haven't measured the final dimensions but it does cover the top of a queen sized bed.

I will update the post later with more pictures and fun things.  I got a TON of quilting supplies from Santa and I have a friend helping me with the Harry Potter quilt.  But now...time for Christmas brunch with Mom, Dad, brother Josh and Big D.  I can't wait!! Ham quiche, hash brown bake with cheese and mushroom soup and old fashioned molasses muffins!

UPDATE!!

So here are some pictures of the wonderful sewing fun that Santa brought me for Christmas...



Tim Horton's coffee for my new coffee maker, hand soaps, body spray, body wash and shower gel from Bath and Body Works


Two new Head Chef kitchen utensils from my brother and a bottle of Christmas cheer that Santa left in my stocking!


The best part!!! The large quilting ruler is what Tiny T's mom got for me two weeks ago.  My Mom and Dad got me two cutting mats, a square and triangle ruler, binding clips, quilting pins, tape measure, quilting pen and a magazine.  My Grandpa gave me another gift certificate to Fabricland which will most definitely be put to good use!!  With the material I bought for the Harry Potter quilt, I should be all set for a nice long cold winter full of quilting and fun!

There was also the obligatory personal hygiene items in the stocking, socks, new dish towels for the apartment and a toque to cover my bad hair cut.  (Everyone thinks its cute, I think its too short!!)


Here is the green and grey that my friend Nessie is going to use for her Slytherin quilt.  She is helping me test the pattern.  The green is similar to the red and yellow I have, but she wanted something different for the grey.  She thought it would add her own artistic flare.  I think it will be an amazing and cozy quilt!!

Well, now that I've spend the day snuggling with Big D on the couch and watching "The Walking Dead" (very Christmassy, I know) with him and my little brother it is now time for Christmas dinner.  So I bid you adieu and a Merry Christmas to you and yours!!



No comments:

Post a Comment