Friday, December 9, 2011

16 Sleeps till Christmas!

 
Praise the sewing gods! My machine is not broken after all. After discussing the matter with my Mom, we decided that it was the thread I was using that may be causing me issues. In the interest of being thrifty, I bought some thread at the dollar store. Turns out it might not be of the best quality and was causing the machine to act up. I swapped it out for some better quality thread and was able to happily sew away on some Christmas presents!

I feel like I'm neglecting my blog lately with not being able to post about all the projects I've been making. I can, however, update you on the Harry Potter quilt I've been designing from the knitting pattern from Rosemary. I did some reconfiguring of the designs in an attempt to make it smaller. I've was able to bring it down from 7' x 10' to a more manageable 5' x 8'. That still makes for a large quilt but at least it won't be bigger than Tanka. I did a quick mock up in paint with the basic colour scheme I'm thinking of using.



I'm going to invest in good fabric for this quilt, not scraps and bargain bin finds. It will likely be expensive so I'll have to do it in stages. My theory is, if you're going to make something this epic, why cheap out right?

I still want to do the lap quilts of the individual houses. Those should be slightly easier given that they are smaller and the fabric count will be partially done thanks to the work done on the giant quilt. I'm going to need some test quilters to help me with the lap quilts. If you know of anyone, or even yourself, that would like to help me test out the pattern, please comment or e-mail me.

With that being said, I have a weekend full of Christmas celebrations! Big D and I are attending a get together and my Aunt's place tonight. (The same one that I created the website for! Have you ordered your jams and jellies yet?) Saturday is a busy day of work for both Big D and I. We're both doing overtime to cover Christmas expenses and bills. Sunday we are driving to Brandon, MB which is 2 hours away for early Christmas with some of his family. It should be a very fun filled weekend. Unfortunately, that means I won't have a lot of time to work on my Christmas projects. Oh well, there's always the next weekend!

2 comments:

  1. For paint that looks pretty awesome :-) There is a store out here that is going out of business and is selling Gutermann cotton threads for a buck. Not sure how many colors they have left but if you want me to look for any just let me know :-) Anything else, you know where to find me and if I can help I will ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you could take a look that would be great! I need black but I will take any colour at that price!

    As far as using paint...lets just say I don't need any fancy picture editing programs to get up to all kinds of shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete