Sunday, November 6, 2011

Long time gone...but I'm back

Well kiddies, it's been quite a while since my last update.  A great many things have happened and got in the way of posting here (including being hospitalized...but I'm okay now) and moving, but I've been up to a few things craft wise.

I finished my Metis dress and repaired a pair of moccasins to go with it. I also managed to get the sleeves done just in time for Halloween. I went in the Selkirk Settler costume you see from my previous posts last year. It managed to net me a $5.00 Timmies gift card! I didn't manage to place in the top 3, but I did win a draw for the remaining costumed workers and got a $30.00 gift card to Walmart which I spend on more packs of fat quarters!  Here is the finished product along with one of my coworkers in her costume.



I found an old table top quilt project I bought four years ago and managed to finally finish that. It's in fall colours, so I decided to make one for each season. Turns out that it is a very fast project to make as I had it cut and pieced in three days, and that was with sewing it by hand.  Some of the material I bought at Walmart will be going to make a Christmas table topper.  That won't be done till I have some progress on Christmas presents for family.

The original table topper in fall colours


The spring table topper that is in progress


The Christmas material I bought with my Walmart gift card. It will be in the same pattern as the other two.


My quilt that I've been working on has been put on the back burner. Summer was much too busy and I've found a very awesome Christmas gift for my brother that I'm working on. I don't want to say what or post any pictures incase he happens to check in on my blog.

My summer project this year, which I'm working on for my historical society, was to tan a bison hide. That project alone will require its own post as there is a lot of information. For now, lets just say it is a HUGE and stinky project to undertake. I wouldn't recommend it without a lot of help.  This is the hide in the middle of the scraping process. The frame is 7.5' square and we had to trim off two black garbage bags worth of hide to make it fit.



So that's the nutshell version of my crafting escapades over the last little while. I hope to maintain this blog a little better now to show all the fun I've been having. Also, where applicable without violating copyright laws, I will post patterns.

Happy Crafting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment