Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just another rainy lazy day

I absolutely love challenging myself with new projects that force me to learn something.  There are days, however, where you just need something simple and mindless.  Today is one of those days.  It's rainy, windy and chilly here and I'm babysitting my two youngest cousins.  They're full on pizza and lemonade and now relaxing watching G-Force.  I had limited bag space and decided to bring along my quick stash busting knitting project.  


It's nothing fancy, just a simple two ball garter stitch scarf, but the yarn is yummy.It's Sean Sheep's Wooloomooloo 51% Wool 49% Acrylic blend (75g 90m/98yd per ball) and it resembles a hand spun yarn with its irregularities.  I'm knitting it up 25 sts wide on US10/6.5mm aluminum Boye needles.  Very nice to work with and not bad as far as Walmart yarn goes.  I picked it up at least two years ago and has been sitting in the large box under my bed since.




So here is a picture of my half scarf for all of you to marvel at.  At the rate its knitting up, the weather outside, and the hours I have left babysitting these monsters cousins of mine I should be done soon!  I can't wait to see  how it turns out!  The wheels in my head are already turning on how to finish this.  Maybe add some fleece to one side to make it super cozy and a little more wind proof for those chilly fall days we all know are closer than we'd like.



No comments:

Post a Comment