Tuesday, July 30, 2013

MRS. Crazy Crafting Cat Lady

Shortly after my last post, on Canada Day, Big D and I went to his mom's cabin.  He was on a reset from work so we decided to relax.  Little did I know that he was going to propose to me!  He didn't have a ring because he didn't want to mess it up.  He let me pick my own, so the next day we went and bought our rings together.

On the deck at the cabin just after he asked me! I look quite a bit 
on the awful side due to the heat, the few drinks 
we'd had and the half hour of crying after he asked me

My beautiful ring!

His ring, silver with black diamonds, and my engagement ring and wedding band set.


We quickly picked a date so that everything was said and done before we buy the house in the spring, and before the snow flies.  We have decided on October 5th of this year and the last 30 days have been jam packed of wedding planning and preparation.  Surprisingly, we are basically done aside from a few small items and loose ends!

The first pics were the venues to make sure they worked for our date.  My little country church is hardly ever booked for events and was very much available for that date.  We are having a small wine and cheese reception there for all the guests, then a buffet dinner for a few close family members.  We want to keep it small for budget and because neither Big D or I feel comfortable being in the spotlight in front of a huge crowd.


The little country church where it will all happen!


Next up were clothes for both of us.  Big D doesn't want to wear a tuxedo because he was very uncomfortable in the one he had to wear at one of his brother's wedding.  He decided to buy a suit because it was only a $50 difference from renting.  Even though he isn't wearing a tuxedo, he decided to get a vest in our wedding colours.  Yes, it's a mossy oak wedding!  Big D had mentioned it about a year ago, when friend's of ours were planning their wedding, that he wanted to have camo for ours.  After I said yes, and stopped crying, he asked if that was still what we were doing.

Big D in his suit with one of the groomsmen's ties.

His vest and tie combination that we ordered online.

Big D and his Dad ordered matching tie clips.


I was going to make my dress, but when I was trying on styles with JM and my mom, we found a very reasonably priced lace dress that needed NO alterations at all.  There was no way I could have made it for that price, so I bought it.  No pictures of it til after the wedding just in case Big D happens to stumble across it.

Getting my bouquets from a florist was just out of the question, not only for price, but I mean who wouldn't want to make them?!  My supervisor gave me the idea for broach bouquets which I was able to find on Pinterest.  My maid of honor, Leanne, and my bridesmaid, Becky and I weren't able to find enough broaches, so we mixed in some fake flowers in our colour scheme.  I think the result was pretty darn good!  We found their dresses and accessories this weekend at a department store.  They were regular price of $60 but ended up being half price when we went to buy them!  It was wonderful!

 L-R Top to bottom have all three together, Leanne's, Becky's and mine with the key on it.

Leanne and Becky in their dresses!  They are going to look so amazing!

My Aunt does lots of cake decorating and offered to make our wedding cake.  We found a cake topper on E-bay that we had seen at Cabela's a couple years ago.  This past weekend, with my Mom and Aunt, we found a cake my Aunt is going to try and replicate for me and Big D.

The cake topper!  We can change the flag to say "Just Married".

An idea for the cake.  We are going to add mossy oak ribbon/fabric 
on it  and hopefully covering most of the middle tier to add more of the theme!


Today I got fabric for a signature quilt we will be using as our guest book.  I cut it all into 5" squares and have them packed away.  Next is to construct blaze orange hankies for the Groom, Groomsmen and the Father's.  After that is matching clutches for me and my girls.

All we have to do now is sit back, relax and wait for October 5th and the reply cards to roll in.  OH! And get ready for Mississinewa which I will be leaving for 4 days after the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment