Monday, January 7, 2013

More Nine Patch Progress!

Tea has always been a staple in my life. When I lived at home, I don't believe there was a day when a pot of tea was not made in the house. I make it all the time at work but usually forget to at home. Tonight I broke out the loose leaf tea, put on one of my audiobooks, and went to town on the nine patch quilt. It was the most enjoyable evening I've had in a while!

I finished off the blue squares, although they still need to be pressed. I also did one pink square as my guide for the rest. I'm super pleased with how these are turning out! I do need some more purple fabric as I only have 6 varieties instead of the 8 I need. Perhaps I'll pick up some on Saturday when my mom and I turn in our quilt block for the month.

Before the sewing went down, I made dinner and dessert for Big D and me. I used the apron my mom made me for Christmas. I took a shot in the bathroom mirror, a very unflattering one, but the apron is so darn cute! Retro fabric complete with ric rac, and it can be worn with the bib or folded down into a half apron. Best Christmas gift EVER!!





4 comments:

  1. Your apron is very retro - I like it. You've got something interesting going on with those blocks .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt blocks and you look so cute in that apron! I have 2 fat quarters of purple print that you may be interested in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be very interested to see what you have for fabric writergal!

      Delete