Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Let the Rendez Vous Countdown Begin!

I have completed quite a few sewing projects in the last little while.  We had an event with the MLHS at Mr E and C's place and quite a few sewing days of just C and I.  as such, I finished my chemise, a bonnet, half of a low class work woman's jacket, a reticule to match my spencer jacket, started on a willow basket and embroidered one of my pockets.

Outer fashion fabric of my jacket.  

What the finished product should look like.

The embroidery on the first of two pockets.

My reticule with embroidery done by yours truly.

New bonnet.  I changed out the fabric from purple/grey to brown so it matches more of my outfits.  Looks quite nice over my day cap.


This is the type of basket we were working on.  Mine is more football shaped and not nearly done but in progress none the less!

In addition to the 114 days until Mississinewa, there is another event in Grand Portage, MN in August I'm going to try to attend.  If that's the case, I hope to finish my jacket, two bed gowns and a skirt.  It would be amazing if I can attend, although it does drop my deadline for finishing costumes down to 51 days.  We will see what happens.

In other news, there have been a 7 sheep born at Mr E and C's farm.  One had to be bottle fed and has become everyone's little buddy.  His name is Blue and he is just the most adorable little thing ever!



We also have a garden this year at Big D's dad's place.  Our tomatoes, cauliflour, peppers, peas, beans, carrots and even purple carrots are coming along nicely.  I can't wait to start enjoying some of the veggies!  I'm so excited for fresh peas. Oh, and lets not forget our bad ass, bobble head, gangsta gnome that Big D picked out.


No comments:

Post a Comment